Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for instructors
Our Software Engineering Immersive course is a life-changing educational experience where our students learn the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as web developers. We are looking for a lead instructor with strong full-stack web development experience to play a key role in teaching and leading the instructional team.
Why teach our Software Engineering Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for software development with the next generation of developers, we’d love for you to consider joining our team. This is also an opportunity to support General Assembly's programs in our newest region in the Middle East, Bahrain! We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for teachers who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As an Instructor Lead for our flagship full-time web development program, you will join us to:
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
What do we teach?
We give students the chance to spend focused time building at least 4 major projects, in addition to other smaller projects and labs. About 20% of overall class time is spent on dedicated project work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working on a software development team.
- WDI/SEI Alumni a strong plus.
- You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in:
- HTML and CSS
- At least one JS MV* framework (Angular, Backbone, or React preferred)
- SQL databases (we generally use PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB and Redis)
- At least one additional object-oriented language (Ruby or Python preferred)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach Sunday-Thursday, 9am-5pm (local time), for the 12 week duration of the program.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week supporting students, preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set.
General Assembly will cover all travel-related expenses for qualified candidates.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.
Was es bedeutet, Teil der Adecco Group zu sein
Seit über 50 Jahren sind wir in unserer Branche aktiv und haben in der Zeit tausenden von Menschen geholfen, weltweit neue Karriereperspektiven zu finden. Wir unterstützen die Arbeitswelt mit führenden HR-Services und -Lösungen, die nicht nur unseren Kunden ein persönlicheres Erlebnis bieten, sondern die auch unseren Kollegen in ihrer täglichen Arbeit ein Gefühl der Bestätigung und Sinnhaftigkeit vermitteln. Als Teil unserer internationalen Gruppe ist man gleichzeitig auch Mitglied einer Community, die sich gegenseitig zu Höchstleistungen motiviert. Mit Ihrer Arbeit verändern Sie das Leben unserer Kunden zum Besseren und sind einen inspirierten, professionelles Netzwerks von Menschen, die an das glauben, was wir tun. Und das werden Sie auch.