Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
- Work closely with one or more Instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development.
- Become a better teacher, leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
- Identify and implement best practices for using resources to maximize student engagement
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and the careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You are eager to teach
- You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in
- HTML and CSS
- At least one JS MV* framework (Angular, Backbone, or React preferred)
- SQL databases (we generally use PosgreSQL
- NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB)
- At least one additional object-oriented language (Python or Ruby preferred
- You have at least 2 years working within a developer/engineering role
- You have an enthusiasm for mentorship and education
- You should be in good standing in your current role
- You are interested in being a part of a larger team
Familiarity and comfort with least one additional object-oriented language (Python or Ruby preferred)
- Work with colleagues to ensure that students meet graduation requirements
- Meet consistently with a designated group of students in your cohort to chart their progress and provide ongoing support
- Responsible for the growth and development of a cohort of students within the class
- Foster a collaborative, community-minded learning environment
- Ongoing student communication around course progress
- Homework support and grading feedback
- Delivering lesson content in the front of a classroom of 15-25 students.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback to colleagues
- Able to exhibit agility, making changes to your approach / style / lesson on the fly.
- Assist Lead Instructors in lesson planning and creation
Nice to haves:
- Comfortable delivering feedback
- Focused on quality
- NoSQL (MongoDB preferred)
- Passionate and driven
- Passionate about education
- Receptive to constructive criticism
- SQL databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Willingness to learn
Was es bedeutet, Teil der Adecco Group zu sein
Seit über 50 Jahren sind wir in unserer Branche aktiv und haben in der Zeit tausenden von Menschen geholfen, weltweit neue Karriereperspektiven zu finden. Wir unterstützen die Arbeitswelt mit führenden HR-Services und -Lösungen, die nicht nur unseren Kunden ein persönlicheres Erlebnis bieten, sondern die auch unseren Kollegen in ihrer täglichen Arbeit ein Gefühl der Bestätigung und Sinnhaftigkeit vermitteln. Als Teil unserer internationalen Gruppe ist man gleichzeitig auch Mitglied einer Community, die sich gegenseitig zu Höchstleistungen motiviert. Mit Ihrer Arbeit verändern Sie das Leben unserer Kunden zum Besseren und sind einen inspirierten, professionelles Netzwerks von Menschen, die an das glauben, was wir tun. Und das werden Sie auch.