Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
We are organized into small cross-functional product teams (a PM, a designer, a few devs) that focus on growing a single product from glimmer to game-changer. Each team is free to determine their own tools & process. We care about writing good software that is clean, concise, and well-tested; flexible and easy to maintain. Our stack is Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ReactJS, but we are not dogmatic and believe in using the right tools for a particular problem.
This is a remote job. You’re free to work where you work best, anywhere in Malaysia: home office, coworking space, coffee shops. While we currently have an office in Ilham Tower located along Jalan Binjai near Jalan Ampang, the team meets up once a week or month as we all see fit to do so.
You can expect an inclusive, eager team who’ll support you in it, rise to challenges with you, and grow together. We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. And understand the value in others being heard. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. We believe in building trust through direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term. We also want to be kind, considerate, fair, flexible, and calm. Especially in a crisis.
Here are some real examples of the work we’ve done lately that might help you to get a better idea of what this job entails:
- Upgrading Rails environment periodically for over a dozen applications
- Fixing all reported security vulnerabilities reported by security audits
- Sunsetting legacy applications
- Improving Docker-based environment and dockerizing several applications
- Capable of directing junior staff on a project.
- Object-oriented programming is well understood, more advanced concepts may only have fundamental knowledge.
- Follows established patterns and approaches within existing code bases. Some assistance may be required.
- Work is reviewed with the occasional need for material direction or implementation changes. Capable of reviewing work produced by their team, potentially with guidance.
- Follows professional team and organizational standards. Helps maintain professional standards for the team.
- Writes code with good test coverage; may not know the best way to approach testing in all scenarios.
- Basic knowledge of system-level tooling. Capable of more advanced development tool workflows for local debugging.
- Fundamental knowledge of source control expected. Expected to know some advanced features. Expected to practice a least one form of source control flows (e.g. gitflow).
- Understands fundamental concepts of systems development life cycle (SDLC), and monitors adherence to all practical aspects.
- Should be aware of business value in work being done. Not expected to be able to prioritize own work in terms of business value.
- Responsible for maintaining professional standards for your team.
- Self-directs work and provide guidance to associates on tasks related to existing projects.
- Provides front-line assistance for maintaining 24/7 service uptime for the organization.
- Is responsible for understanding which operations affect the scope of the budget.
Was es bedeutet, Teil der Adecco Group zu sein
Seit über 50 Jahren sind wir in unserer Branche aktiv und haben in der Zeit tausenden von Menschen geholfen, weltweit neue Karriereperspektiven zu finden. Wir unterstützen die Arbeitswelt mit führenden HR-Services und -Lösungen, die nicht nur unseren Kunden ein persönlicheres Erlebnis bieten, sondern die auch unseren Kollegen in ihrer täglichen Arbeit ein Gefühl der Bestätigung und Sinnhaftigkeit vermitteln. Als Teil unserer internationalen Gruppe ist man gleichzeitig auch Mitglied einer Community, die sich gegenseitig zu Höchstleistungen motiviert. Mit Ihrer Arbeit verändern Sie das Leben unserer Kunden zum Besseren und sind einen inspirierten, professionelles Netzwerks von Menschen, die an das glauben, was wir tun. Und das werden Sie auch.