We are looking for a well rounded individual, who leads by example. Our community is at the heart of what we do at GA and we need someone bright, kind, and organized to be the face and first interaction with our students, instructors, and other stakeholders who work out of our space. We are looking for someone with a strong customer service background and a readiness to handle lots of moving pieces.
This position is heavily involved in public-facing functions like greeting students/instructors, checking guests in, assisting with events and class setup, troubleshooting AV/technical issues as they arise, and tidying up before/after classes...all with a smile on your face.
The main focus of this role is to be a customer service wizard, but here are other day to day tasks that you’ll be assisting in:
- Greeting everyone who walks through the door;
- Acting as a brand ambassador for GA;
- Answering questions about our products;
- Checking students/guests in for classes and events;
- Assisting instructors with setup of projectors/presentations prior to class;
- Setting up rooms for classes and spaces for events;
- Troubleshooting AV/technical issues that arise;
- Working closely with other campus experience team members to help students and employees find solutions to problems in a timely manner;
- Assisting production team with general responsibilities associated with running a course, including but not limited to data entry and system administration;
- Ordering food and beverages for courses and events; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your Manager and varying by market
- You are able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly.
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanour in challenging situations.
- You are able to multi-task and enjoy wearing many hats.
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately.
- You are proactive and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Prior customer service experience (startup and/or restaurant experience a plus).
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Learning on the Fly
Who are we?
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our sixth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design.
We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, Denver, Toronto, Singapore, and Washington DC.
We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
Was es bedeutet, Teil der Adecco Group zu sein
Seit über 50 Jahren sind wir in unserer Branche aktiv und haben in der Zeit tausenden von Menschen geholfen, weltweit neue Karriereperspektiven zu finden. Wir unterstützen die Arbeitswelt mit führenden HR-Services und -Lösungen, die nicht nur unseren Kunden ein persönlicheres Erlebnis bieten, sondern die auch unseren Kollegen in ihrer täglichen Arbeit ein Gefühl der Bestätigung und Sinnhaftigkeit vermitteln. Als Teil unserer internationalen Gruppe ist man gleichzeitig auch Mitglied einer Community, die sich gegenseitig zu Höchstleistungen motiviert. Mit Ihrer Arbeit verändern Sie das Leben unserer Kunden zum Besseren und sind einen inspirierten, professionelles Netzwerks von Menschen, die an das glauben, was wir tun. Und das werden Sie auch.