Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for software development with the next generation of developers, we’d love for you to consider joining our team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for people who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love.
As an Instructional Associate for our full-time immersive programs, you will join us on our Singapore campus to:
- Work closely with one or more Lead Instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards finding their careers in data science, software engineering or user experience design.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
- Be present and engaged in every class session. Class times are Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Hold weekly office hours. Help students with homework and projects, and provide remediation to students who are falling behind.
- Provide feedback on student homework and projects.
- Mentor students, drawing from your own experience. You have the ability to put yourself in the students’ shoes and understand the stress and workload they are experiencing. Use this advantage to both encourage students and be there when they need emotional support.
- Stay in touch with instructors and GA staff. Work alongside the rest of the team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students. Provide them with feedback on how the students are doing, what troubles the students are having, and which students might need additional coaching or are having a difficult time.
- Stay up to date with the class work. This involves being prepared with knowledge of the homework and which topics are currently relevant. If need be, create extra resources and materials to enhance the learning experience.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community. Encourage student participation and student collaboration.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of eager General Assembly Students.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least one year of experience in the content area you are applying to IA for (Data Science, Software Engineering or User Experience Design) - Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply if you studied within the relevant field)
- You have a deep understanding of the topics covered in the course. (See the topics outlined for each course here.)
- Nice to have: Prior experience as a IA, tutor or mentor.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.
Was es bedeutet, Teil der Adecco Group zu sein
Seit über 50 Jahren sind wir in unserer Branche aktiv und haben in der Zeit tausenden von Menschen geholfen, weltweit neue Karriereperspektiven zu finden. Wir unterstützen die Arbeitswelt mit führenden HR-Services und -Lösungen, die nicht nur unseren Kunden ein persönlicheres Erlebnis bieten, sondern die auch unseren Kollegen in ihrer täglichen Arbeit ein Gefühl der Bestätigung und Sinnhaftigkeit vermitteln. Als Teil unserer internationalen Gruppe ist man gleichzeitig auch Mitglied einer Community, die sich gegenseitig zu Höchstleistungen motiviert. Mit Ihrer Arbeit verändern Sie das Leben unserer Kunden zum Besseren und sind einen inspirierten, professionelles Netzwerks von Menschen, die an das glauben, was wir tun. Und das werden Sie auch.