Reporting into the Recruitment Director, Ottawa, the Sourcer is tasked with supporting the branch’s recruiting efforts by sourcing and identifying qualified IT candidates, building a pipeline of these candidates by skill set and updating the necessary databases to ensure all of the required information is obtained and updated. May be required to assist Recruiters or the Recruiting Director with recruitment efforts not limited to the RFP Submission Process.What you’ll be doing
- Build a pipeline of candidates for skill sets that are needed repeatedly in the branch
- Identify potential candidates that can be proactively marketed to strategic accounts
- Provide coverage on requirements that would not normally have focus, such as VMS roles
- Decrease cycle times for candidate identification
- Block appropriate time per day for proactive sourcing on repeatable skill needs as defined by the RD and SD
- Source candidates for assigned requirements:
- Search COSMOS (keyword search, general search)
- Search Job Boards
- Search social and business networking sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc)
- If a candidate is qualified for an open position either fully qualify for that specific requirement or work with the appropriate RDM in the branch to fully qualify that candidate.
- Assist recruiters with Public Sector RFP (Request for Proposal) responses and submissions process as required; to include keyword matching for qualification grids.
- Assist recruiters with performing candidate reference checks and status updates for RFPs
- Assist recruiters with modifying, editing and formatting client job descriptions and prepare for posting to internal and external job boards for RFPs.
- Assist recruiters with posting current opportunities, as well as proactive opportunities (commonly required skill-sets), to job boards and social media sites for RFPs
- Assist recruiters with editing and formatting candidates’ resumes for RFP submissions to public and private sector clients
- Attend daily Sales and Recruiting Meetings
- May begin ‘Pre Screen Recruiting’ and ‘Full Cycle Recruiting’ once their training and development reaches appropriate levels.
- Participates in branch reporting as needed
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties are required
- Networks in IT community to develop recruiting sources
- Assists in other branch operations as directed by the Recruiting/Sales Director or Managing Director
- Attends networking events, participates in Trade Shows/Job Fairs to promote the Modis branch and our services
Weekly Objective and Key Metrics:
- Minimum number of newly sourced qualified candidates as set by manager
- Minimum number of pre-screened candidates as set by manager
- Minimum number of updated COSMOS candidate profiles as set by manager
- Minimum number of sourced submittals as set by manager
*Minimum expectations, objectives and activities are set by each Branch’s Managing Director and/or Recruiting Director.About you
SKILLS & OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Team player attitude and willingness to take direction
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work within a large corporate environment
- Ability to build strong relationships externally with candidates and clients as well as internally with consultants and colleagues.
- Prioritize and establish reasonable turn-around times on work assigned and on routine work.
- Recognize urgent situations and act accordingly.
- Present alternatives and solutions when receiving conflicting, unreasonable deadlines.
- Computer literacy to include PC based applications and strong web navigation skills
MODIS CANADA RETAINS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY JOB DUTIES AT ANY TIME. THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING. NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY BETWEEN LOCATIONS AND ACCORDING TO BUSINESS NECESSITY.