Proudly part of The Adecco Group - the world’s leading provider of workforce solutions and a Fortune Global 500 company - the Pontoon team supports clients across the globe in over 100 countries.
The Global Category Manager provides procurement and supplier partnership expertise to our team in the areas of strategic sourcing and category management with strong commercial and contractual experience. The Global Category Manager will provide consistent supplier approach to our team, clients, program teams, and the supply chain in order to effectively manage and optimize the programs. The role will deliver high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective methodologies to support our clients while taking into consideration the engagement of suppliers. The expectation is that the Global Category Manager will engage, innovate, and grow the client’s business by leveraging suppliers to increase productivity, performance, and growth within a fair and competitive environment.
* Develops, leads, and executes global, regional, and country supply chain strategies in coordination with key stakeholders for a client’s MSP program.
* Leads cross-functional supplier qualification and sourcing activities ensuring the engagement and buy-in from key stakeholders throughout the process.
* Develops, issues, and shares supplier scorecards quarterly.
* Prepares and presents executive summaries about suppliers’ performances and gaps to senior leadership team, program teams, and client sponsors or executives within an agreed upon frequency.
* Uses data, statistics, industry benchmarking, and business experiences to make recommendations to optimize the supply chain and strategy.
* Partners with Pontoon and client’s diversity management teams to meet diversity goals and spend while exceeding client’s expectations and requirements.
* Partners with legal teams to develop, review, and negotiate supplier related contracts (Supplier Agreements, MSA’s, SOW’s etc.).
* Develops and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders through regular communication and value-added category management support.
* Assesses and evaluates supplier business practices, capabilities, competencies, innovation, health, and growth potentials to recommend targeted suppliers that would exceed in responsiveness, financial viability, innovative, and risk mitigation strategies while delivering the best quality candidates.
* Analyzes and delivers strategic communication to suppliers about performance and expectations while developing corrective action plans and remedies towards success.
* Assists with supplier bid and RFX initiatives to engage the best suppliers with optimum strategy to meet client’s needs.
* Supports the creation of fair and competitive business practices in support of client objectives.
* Prepares performance analysis and ensure optimal performance of suppliers.
* Aligns supplier selection, agreements, and processes to meet client’s cost-saving goals by suggesting supplier strategies that would allow win-win results.
* Prepares and presents executive summaries about strategy, diversity, cost-reduction, budgets, performance, innovations, bid, or RFX awards to senior leadership team, and client stakeholders.
* Prepares and presents formal client presentations within or outside of QBRs with clear methodology of assessment steps, action plans, and recommended changes.
* Develops and partners with Pontoon program management teams and client stakeholders to conduct supplier regular summits or forums.
* Remains up to date on industry best practices, procurement and supplier management and category trends to drive improvements.
* Acts as a mentor with stewardship leadership skills to junior team members, including cross-training where required.
* Establishes and maintains strong, fair, and ethical relationship and partnership with global suppliers to ensure Pontoon and client’s business goals and objectives are met and exceeded.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Minimum six (6) years of work experience, with four (4) years of global procurement experience with a proven track record measured by increased responsibilities. Consulting or Contingent Workforce procurement experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Was es bedeutet, Teil der Adecco Group zu sein
Seit über 50 Jahren sind wir in unserer Branche aktiv und haben in der Zeit tausenden von Menschen geholfen, weltweit neue Karriereperspektiven zu finden. Wir unterstützen die Arbeitswelt mit führenden HR-Services und -Lösungen, die nicht nur unseren Kunden ein persönlicheres Erlebnis bieten, sondern die auch unseren Kollegen in ihrer täglichen Arbeit ein Gefühl der Bestätigung und Sinnhaftigkeit vermitteln. Als Teil unserer internationalen Gruppe ist man gleichzeitig auch Mitglied einer Community, die sich gegenseitig zu Höchstleistungen motiviert. Mit Ihrer Arbeit verändern Sie das Leben unserer Kunden zum Besseren und sind einen inspirierten, professionelles Netzwerks von Menschen, die an das glauben, was wir tun. Und das werden Sie auch.